Review: Berenstain Bears’ Big Bedtime Book for iPhone and iPad
I grew up reading The Berenstain Bears’ books when I was a kid. I loved the stories and how each one had an important lesson to learn. It’s such a joy to be able to read the same books on my iPad to my very own daughter!
Oceanhouse Media just recently released a new app that includes six original bedtime stories all in one omBook — The Berenstain Bears’ BIG Bedtime Book. It’s currently being offered for the special introductory price of $4.99 for Apple devices.
Mama and Papa Bear go out for the night and Brother and Sister are left at home. But that means Mrs. Grizzle — the best babysitter and storyteller ever — will be with them! The children have fun as they listen to her different spins on bedtime stories.
The app includes these 6 stories:
- Little Red Grizzly Hood: A little cub visits her grandmother in the woods and encounters a very tricky wolf.
- The Three Billy Goats Gruff Meet the Bogg Brothers: Three goat brothers are determined to outsmart the hungry inhabitants under the bridge.
- The Three Little Cubs and the Big Bad Pig: The three little cubs see how their special houses, built from their favorite treats, fare against a very hungry pig.
- The Gingerbread Bear: Grandma and Grandpa Bear are in for a surprise when their freshly baked gingerbread bear hops right off the pan!
- Goldibear and the Three People: Goldibear strays too far outside the forest and encounters some terrifying creatures – people!
- The Little Red Hen: The little red hen enlists the help of the duck, the cat, and the pig to plant and harvest the wheat.
What I really love about Oceanhouse Media books are the beautiful artwork and illustrations used, the professional narration of the stories, light background audio, and of course, all the interactivity on each of the pages. I wished this was available when I was growing up!
There are three ways to read each book:
- “Read to Me” — listen to the narrated story with words highlighted as they are read
- “Read it Myself” — read the book in its traditional form
- “Auto Play” — plays like a movie, automatically reading and turning pages. Great for younger children!
These options are nice since they allow the child and parent to “change things up” and teach them to read on their own when they’re ready.
Even though my baby doesn’t quite understand the books yet, I love that she’s getting interested in them and learning how to interact with the stories. She would sit and watch the colorful pages appear on the screen, and then tap on them to hear what they are.
Overall, the six stories are fun to read for both you and your child. I’d highly recommend it, especially if you’re a big fan of The Berenstain Bears!
This app was provided by Oceanhouse Media free of charge for review purposes. Opinions expressed in this article are my own.
Compatible with Apple iPad Air 2 (2nd Generation) 2014 Release, allowing full access to touchscreen, camera, buttons, and ports. NOT... Read More >